Undistressing a Sign + Decorating a Coffee Table

My hubby and I were soooo happy to have a day of shopping all to ourselves. We spent part of the day looking at Home Goods and Hobby Lobby, and found these things for the church! 


This sign was really lovely, but there were two problems: it was damaged (it's hard to see in the picture), and we thought it was too...black and white.

At first I painted over the damage as best I could. I was scared to touch up the distressed lettering, which is there purposefully. But Ryan encouraged me to do it. Soooo....I did!

distressed lettering

un-distressed lettering


Then I added some color and painted leaves around the sides. As a church, we like leaves, and all things TREE. :)


Here it is in church!


We also decided to get something for our prayer circle. There's a coffee table in the middle and at that point, nothing was on the table. I picked out a charger (the plate underneath), the flower arrangement, and a magnet to stick to the side. Yes, that is a magnet, and if we don't like it or find a better one, well, guess what? We put a new one on there! 

Magnets apparently make me happy.


We also bought a throw blanket that was on sale and set it out.

Don't tell my pastors, they don't know. ;)


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form