The Tree Sign (A Shopping Trip and a Makeover)

Remember my tale of shopping at Hobby Lobby for palm leaves and not finding them? You can bet I found something else that would be great for our church. There was a decor piece that was big and beautiful and similar to our logo. I asked the pastors their thoughts and they said words I love to hear: BUY IT!

as always, hand for scale (this time it's my mom's hand)


While waiting in line to make this purchase, a lady told me about how they have the same piece in their church. That's when a seed was planted.

But first, we played the "where should we hang this?" game. It goes like this.




We chose our spot and enjoyed its general loveliness.




BUT...it just didn't pop. And the words of the woman next to me in line still echoed through my head.

Eventually, I knew what I wanted to do. You probably know what I'm about to say. 

I painted it.


First, I took it outside and sanded the faux-rust off. I ended up lightly sanding the whole thing in the hopes the paint would take to it better. And THEN I painted it.

not done yet




still not done yet!

done with painting!



I secretly decided it needed the option for even more...pizazz. So I was done after adding LED lights behind the tree. Then, and only then, was I done.

extra pizzaz!



Twas fun. The End.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form